SALT BEEF SANDWICH RECIPE
Ideal for a weekend lunch or casual evening meal at Christmas time, a salt beef sandwich is full of unparalleled flavours, using only the best salt-cured beef available on the market today.
Today, the team at Tom Hixson are sharing their favourite salt beef sandwich recipe, with gorgeous Emmental cheese and pickles for mouth-watering flavour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Cured salt beef
- Salted butter
- 8 slices of white bread
- 4 slices of Emmental cheese
- 4 gherkins, cut in half lengthwise
Sweet Mustard ingredients:
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Make sure the beef is prepared according to individual instructions, then shred the meat with two forks
- Butter the outside of 2 slices of the bread, before sandwiching them together with a slice of Emmental cheese in the middle
- Heat a griddle pan until it’s hot, then griddle the sandwich on both sides for full coverage until the cheese has melted slightly
- While the sandwich is being heated on the griddle, mix all the ingredients for the sweet mustard
- Open the sandwich and place 2 gherkin halves on top of the cheese, before drizzling over the mustard sauce
- Layer ¼ of the beef in the sandwich and top with the other slice of toast
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches
- Serve and enjoy!
Discover only the best cuts of beef today at Tom Hixson, and have premium quality meats delivered directly to your door.