The Perfect Diner Burger
Want to know how to make the ultimate diner burger? Check out this fantastic recipe from Harvey, who shows us how to recreate a classic diner-style burger.
- 2 tbsp American Mustard
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 4 Marrow Dry-Aged Steak Burgers With Marrow Butter
- 12 Gherkin Slices
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Mix together the mustard, mayonnaise, red onion and cherry tomatoes to make your sauce.
- Place the patties in a pan with some cooking oil. Season with salt and cracked black pepper
- Press the patties firmly (with a burger iron if you have one) and drizzle with some of the sauce.
- Add the bone marrow butter to the pan along with the buns (face down) to sear.
- After a couple of minutes, remove the buns and flip the burgers.
- Add the cheese on top of the burgers and drizzle some water into the pan. Cover and leave to steam.
- Build your burgers by layering lettuce and sauce on the bottom of the buns.
- Add bacon and pickles to the burgers whilst they are still in the pan.
- After a few moments, remove the burgers from the pan and place on top of the bun, lettuce and sauce to finish. Serve and enjoy!
Check out the recipe video below to see exactly how Harvey creates this perfect diner burger.
For this recipe, Harvey has used our superb Marrow Dry-Aged Steak Burgers which come with the delicious marrow butter for that extra hit of flavour. Alternatively, you can use any of our steak burgers to recreate this latest dish, or even make your own patties using our quality steak mince.
Trying it yourself? Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and show us your creations @hixsonmeatldn